Inaugurated on October 2009, with goal of being national reference for research and bibliographic and documental consult about coffee history in Brazil, Preservation, Research and Reference Center Luiz Marcos Suplicy Hafers from Museu do Café has, currently, the following attributions:
- Disclosure contributions of museological research, preservation and communication of Museu do Café, by exhibitions, culture actions and educational materials;
- Organize academic contributions about “coffee”, regarding to collections from patrimonial clippings;
- Be a support point to research focused on public;
- Manage a controlled vocabulary about coffee thematic;
- Make reference to institutional actions with academic public, as well as compatible schedules.
The center opens from Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and on Saturday, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The PRRC also have a database containing its bibliographic, documentary and referential collection about diferent aspects of the coffee and its history.